How to change your wifi channel
You can make a big difference to your wifi speed and range by changing your wifi channel.
Changing your router channel involves accessing your router settings. Here’s what you need to do:
- Your router’s IP address – this varies depending on the router model. You can find this either on the router itself, in the router manual, or via your system preferences/task bar router settings. It will look something like: 192.168.1.1.
- Type this in to the search bar of your web browse
- You will be asked to enter the router name and password which you will find on your router on in your manual
- From here you can look at your wifi settings and see your current channel number
- Select a different channel, save your changes, and hey presto (hopefully) faster wifi begins
- Remember, you may need to try a few channels to find the one that works best for you.